The owners define Cassowary as an ecologically sound concept. Due to its custom design, Cassowary has been awarded a five-star rating for energy efficiency which contributes to reducing Cassowary’s carbon footprint. Cassowary is a superb fusion of luxury and self-sustainment in a natural setting.
From the high-end teak imported furniture, colourful accents and fabrics to the ‘Dana’ series oil on canvas art pieces, Cassowary exudes elegance and luxury in the tropics.
Comfortably accommodating up to 12 guests, Cassowary has three double suites complete with walk in robe and marble bathroom, private balconies and water features with views of the lush rainforest. There are three single suites, each with two single beds. Cassowary has an automated clipsal system with high speed Internet, cable TV and state of the art conference facility that overlooks the marble water feature.
The main pavilion features a fully equipped designer kitchen, sitting area and lounge room while a full bathroom overlooks a water feature with a designer stand alone bath. The living area capitalizes on views of the Douglas Shire, and is designed to maximize energy efficiency. Bedrooms are nestled in the rainforest for greater privacy.
|Nightly Rate:||$900.00 ($2,700.00 for 3 nights)|
|Additional Guests:||$50 per person per night|
|Maximum Guests:||The Cassowary comfortably sleeps 10 people, however the bedding layout can be reconfigured to accommodate up to 14 guests by prior arrangement.|
Tariff shown is applicable for up to 6 guests and are accommodation only.
Facilities & Features
- 5 bedrooms – 1K, 2Q + 4s (2K)
- 2 ensuites and 1 main bathroom with stand alone bath
- Fully air conditioned with ceiling fans
- Outdoor showers
- Fully equipped designer kitchen with double door fridge
- Open walls, glass stacking doors, open indoor/outdoor living
- Plasma Home Theatre Entertainment System
- WiFi internet access (excessive use may be charged to guest)
- Centralized dining room overlooking tropical valley
- All one level connected by under-cover walkways
- Wheelchair friendly
- Heated wet-edge lap pool (heated in winter months only, June – September)
- Clipsal Home Automation System
- All linen and beach towels are provided
- A complimentary mid stay service is provided for stays of 8 nights or more
We offer a personal meet and greet service upon your arrival at The Cassowary..
We can arrange day excursions, car rental, in house catering, babysitting, spa treatments, massages and private yoga sessions at an additional cost not included in tariff.
In the comfort and luxury of your own retreat you will be relaxed and grounded with a foot soak, a full body desert salt exfoliation, a warm mapi mud body wrap and scalp massage. Refresh with a tropical shower then surrender body and soul to a full body massage followed by a facial and indulgent pampering for the hands and feet. Re-harmonise in your natural surrounds and drift away to the soothing sounds of the ocean – 3 hours – $350.
We are happy to tailor personalised spa packages for your stay.
Weddings & Functions
|Minimum stay||5 nights|
If location is everything, then The Cassowary boasts a truly idyllic setting. Ten minutes North from cosmopolitan Port Douglas in Tropical North Queensland, the retreat is hidden in the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest.