The Cliff House
The sensuous curves of the Cliff House, perched on the cliff overlooking beautiful Snelling’s Beach, inspires complete surrender to relaxation for the perfect romantic get away. The circular tower bedroom has a panoramic window looking out to southern sea, and the cushioned sunken pit with open fire is the ultimate in repose. Luxuriate yourself in your outdoor cliff-edge Jacuzzi, drinking in breathtaking views of Snelling’s Beach, a local pod of Dolphins or the southern stars above.
NB: Private helicopter landing area nearby, perfect wedding venue, last minute getaways.
All rates valid from 01 April 2020 – 31 March 2022 (subject to change without notice)
01 December – 31st February
01st March – 30th November
One booking per house – individual houses are not shared with other guests.
Minimum 2 x night’s stay per house or 50% surcharge on the one night rate applies.
1 x Roll away bed can be added to each house if required – standard $30 per person per night charge applies
Facilities & Features
- 1 king bedroom in round tower
- 2 king bedrooms (or 1K+2 twin)
- 2 bathrooms
- Heated outdoor cliff edge Jacuzzi
- Outdoor private courtyard
- Sunken, cushioned lined conversation pit with slow combustion fire
- iPod with music library and iPod connection
- internet broadband access
- Direct dial telephones – charges apply
- Free to air TV, AUSTAR
- Auxiliary heating/cooling
- Kitchen cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery for when you feel creative
- Drinking rainwater
- Espresso machine and coffee grinder
- Iron and ironing board, (NB laundry service available – Charges apply) hairdryer in each bathroom
- Board games by the fire for those cooler days
- Watercolour pad, paints and brushes if you’re feeling inspired
We can arrange day excursions, car rental, in house catering, babysitting, spa treatments, massages and private yoga sessions at an additional cost not included in tariff.
Kangaroo Island is located 16km off the coast of South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula (Cape Jervis – which is 80kms from South Australia’s capital city and gateway, Adelaide). Kangaroo Island is best accessed by scheduled air services with Regional Express or Air South, direct from Adelaide (20 minute flight) or by ferry from Cape Jervis (for those with their own vehicle). Cars are available for hire from the Kingscote Airport or through Hertz or Budget.
Kangaroo Island is Australia’s third larges island with over 32% of the island preserved as National or Conservation Parkland.
The island’s diverse landscapes provide habitation for sea lions, fur seals, endemic kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, echidnas, platypus, goannas, 243 separate bird species (many rare or endangered), possums, bandicoots, seahorses and even a pod of resident dolphins.