The Sky House
The Sky House
The Sky House has been rated No.1 honeymoon destination by Australian Traveller magazines CEO Quentin Long.
Step out of the ordinary world and into the romantic Sky House for the perfect South Australian weekend getaway. This rammed-earth villa is located on the highest point of the property with sweeping views of the rugged coastline as far as the eye can see and on to the beach below. The slow combustion fireplace, the huge Villeroy & Boch bathtub, the internal floor heating under the bedroom/bathroom and the complete solitude keep temperatures high all year round, crowning this house the ultimate honeymooners’ delight.
Configuration: Sleeps maximum of two guests in luxury! – 1 x King bed with en suite. Luxury beach house, honeymoon accommodation South Australia.
The Sky House accommodation offers a package including meals. For further information on the SOLSTICE PACKAGE click HERE.
|Peak Season||(December – February)|
|Mid Season||(March, April, July, October, November)|
|Low Season||(May, June, August, September)|
Tariff shown is applicable for up to 2 guests and is accommodation only.
Facilities & Features
- Outdoor private courtyard
- Private helicopter landing area
- CD and record player (pull out your old vinyl favourites) and broadband internet access
- Powerful telescope for some of the best star gazing free from city lights
- Direct dial telephones – charges apply
- TV and Austar cable with DVD player
- Combustion fireplace and auxiliary heating/cooling
- Kitchen cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery for when you feel creative
- Drinking rainwater
- Espresso machine and coffee grinder
- Iron and ironing board (NB Laundry service available, per load charges apply), hairdryer
- Board games by the fire for those cooler days
We can arrange day excursions, car rental, in house catering, babysitting, spa treatments, massages and private yoga sessions at an additional cost not included in tariff.
Kangaroo Island is located 16km off the coast of South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula (Cape Jervis – which is 80kms from South Australia’s capital city and gateway, Adelaide). Kangaroo Island is best accessed by scheduled air services with Regional Express or Air South, direct from Adelaide (20 minute flight) or by ferry from Cape Jervis (for those with their own vehicle). Cars are available for hire from the Kingscote Airport or through Hertz or Budget.
Kangaroo Island is Australia’s third larges island with over 32% of the island preserved as National or Conservation Parkland.
The island’s diverse landscapes provide habitation for sea lions, fur seals, endemic kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, echidnas, platypus, goannas, 243 separate bird species (many rare or endangered), possums, bandicoots, seahorses and even a pod of resident dolphins.